Mota Fofalia, India

Mota Fofalia, India
Parking Spot

Monday, January 20, 2014

Traditional Wedding

I attended a Traditional India Wedding. In India, weddings are still arranged in most cases. There is a lot of tradition that surrounds the engagement and wedding day. This includes the bride's family offering gifts to the groom's family. And, then, a cleansing ceremony that takes place at the Bride's house 2 days before the wedding. The bride cannot see the groom for those 2 days. The bride is then taken to the grooms house is a special carriage just for that occasion. I did not get to participate in that part. I just went to the celebration. We ate Indian food. Then, we were given roses. I'm not sure what you're supposed to do with the roses, but the girls I was with ate theirs. So, that's what I did. It turns out, roses smell better than they taste!

No comments:

Post a Comment