Mota Fofalia, India

Mota Fofalia, India
Parking Spot

Thursday, January 16, 2014

India in January

I am back in India. And, the saga continues. This is an exercise in patience! We have another low birth weight patient. This time, the mother can stay. The doctor ordered the baby to eat 5 cc's every 2 hours. I checked on the baby in the morning, and the baby had taken 3 cc's, and skipped one of the feedings. I emphasized the importance of giving the baby all that the doctor has ordered. I came back later, and they had placed a feeding tube. I was so impressed! I thought they were learning! Then...the baby only took 3 cc's the next feeding. They didn't use the feeding tube. Sometimes, I don't understand! So, I tried to be very clear. I hope that they understand, and that the baby continues to get fed. It's really not right that a baby should be born healthy, although small, and then starve to death. That shouldn't happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment