Mota Fofalia, India

Mota Fofalia, India
Parking Spot

Friday, May 30, 2014

Being a Tourist

I have been to India 3 times in the last 7 months, and have only seen the Hospital. I decided, on this trip, I should venture beyond the borders of Mota Fofalia, and see what other people come here to see, The Taj Mahal!

The Taj Mahal is the resting place of the 3rd wife of Shah Jahan and is known as a "temple of love" because of that. Shah Jahan was married to 2 other women, but the 3rd wife is the only one that provided him with children. I feel sort of bad for the first 2 wives, that are buried outside the walls of the Taj Mahal. Plus, Shah Jahan's son imprisoned him.

Regardless of those facts, the Taj Mahal is incredible! It is one of the most beautiful buildings in the world  and truly a world wonder! Even seeing it in person, it looks absolutely unreal!

On this journey, we also saw the Agra Fort (where Shah Jahan was imprisoned by his son for spending too much money), the monkey temple, The City Palace in Jaipur, the Wind Palace and took elephants to the Amber Palace. All incredible sites.

I also had one other interesting experience in Jaipur. I got a full body massage. And when I say full body, I mean full body! No part of you is untouched! The human body is sure seen differently in different parts of the world! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment